Thursday, October 25, 2007

Awards and Stuff...

REWIND!

Hiya bloggers. Oh it's been a crazy week. Apologies for not updating sooner, but there has been utter madness in my life this last while! On Monday I discovered my dog Bruce is allergic to Leona Lewis' new song - he shakes whenever he hears it. Bleeding Love???? Bleedin' Chaos more like! There is no fun wiping up wee every time FM104 decide to play the song. I'm glad to see Leona back with us, although she really could do with a GHD!

We had our big night out last Friday at the radio awards. It was a great night, and Niamh managed to behave herself. Jim looked absolutely amazing in his tuxeeeedo. I swear, if I squinted my eyes really hard, he looked like James Bond. Gorgeous! For anybody wondering what the radio awards are like, well - try to imagine a big room, packed with the ugliest people in the country. I swear, there is a reason these people are on radio. Even Niamh looked attractive, so that will give you some idea!

Anyway, we all assemble in the hotel, we chat with other people in the radio business and then sit down to dinner. Finally, after what seems like a lifetime, the awards ceremony begins. Our lovely drive time hunk Mark Noble picked up the first award of the night for his show The Jam. The award was for music programming, and if I'm not mistaken - I believe Mark played my Finglas song a lot on his show, so obviously that's what swung it!

I was nominaaaated in a category. It was category D4 - which I think they named after FM104's location - cos we're so posh! Anyhow, as you've probably guessed, I didn't win. Initially I was a little bit shocked - but then I saw the state of the trophy... jaysus, I don't know where they picked these things up, but it looked like a filled in concrete vase! Can you imagine that in my luxurious living room! So in a way, things happen for a reason. If the prize was a Caribbean holiday or a new sports car, I'd be screaming for an investigation and demanding my rights, but I couldn't be arsed.

I've also rejoined the digital satellite tv channel - Live 25. They've launched their own special showbiz gossip programme, Exposo! And through the wonders of modern technology, I can now bring you this exclusive episode...

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

No comments: