Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Panic in the studio


REWIND!

I don't know who's idea it was, but I'm still traumatised! How can one simple slice of toast cause such drama. I walk into the Strawberry studio and through the glass doors I see Niamh and Andy making FM104 toast . So Jim and myself went in, and we were quickly joined by Dangerous Deano, dressed in his security uniform, carrying the butter for the toast.
So there we all are, the 5 of us standing, watching this thing slowly toast the logo of Fm104 onto a slice of Brennan's finest. Exciting!

With that, absolute panic erupts. The fire alarm goes off and we all realise it's the bloody toaster! Now, I've been in stressful situations before at modeling shoots but this was crazy, I started screaming trying to get out, Andy is ripping the plug out of the wall, poor Jim looks stunned and Niamh, being the professional, decides to run back to grab the slice pan. There we were running out of the studio, knowing that we were trouble.

As we run from the scene, the rest of the FM104 staff noticed something wasn't right, especially when I was screaming even louder than normal, Andy is trying to dump a toaster, Dangerous Deano and Jim are trying to look extra cool like nothing is wrong and Niamh is carrying half a sliced pan of bread under her arm.

We were forced to walk down the 3 fights of stairs, mingling with loads of bankers (not for the first time in my life) and out to our Fire assembley point, which is actually just a lamp post! I'm getting onto management about this, there should be a panic room erected on Pembroke Road filled with refreshments. Poor Andy Preston was forced off air too and everyone was forced out into the cold.

Luckily Andy Matthews got all the blame for setting off the alarm which myself and Niamh are delighted about. We all managed to eventually get back into the studio, but by then we were all wrecked. I had to go shopping to help deal with the stress, so I've spent loads of money in BT on my way home and I'm settling in to watch Big Brother live streaming to get me back to normal.

Join me in the morning at 8.15 - You'll hear about my new job on "401fm" where my plans to book Shelly's party go wrong.

Cyas!


I like this photo of Jim & Sandra. It's like CSI Miami gone horribly wrong!

No comments: